Resistance bands are an excellent way to exercise. You can improve your strength and get a total body workout with resistance bands. On top of that, they are way less expensive than free weights or bulky machines.
They take up little space and easily pack for travel. Here are 5 excellent alternatives for a total body workout with resistance bands. The list starts with a single band set, progressing to more elaborate multi-resistance models.
1. The Tribe 3pc Set Single Resistance
The first resistance band alternative is an excellent starter set. It’s an inexpensive single band setup. You can add additional bands for more intense exercise.
- Tribe bands are made from high-grade silicon. As a result, they won’t snap back, or dry out and crack.
- Included with the single 35 lb resistance band is the Tribe Fitness Guide.
- There is a door anchor to add workout options, plus ankle straps for leg exercises.
- This is a very affordable resistance band for beginners.
- It fits into any small bag, so it’s great for travel.
- The only drawback is the limitations of having only a single band. You cannot add additional resistance to this product.
2. Konicle 12-Piece Resistance Band Set
Konicle makes different resistance band sets, but this model offers an excellent variety of workout options. With multiple weight options, you can use this set to circuit train or build muscular strength and endurance.
- This set has 5 different bands, each with an individual level of resistance.
- You can stack them using any combination, with a cumulative total resistance of 75 lbs.
- The Konicle 12-piece set has a pair of ankle straps for double leg work and a sturdy door strap for pull up moves.
- Each band has a metal clip at both ends. This allows you to get inventive with different exercises.
- The complete set weighs barely over a pound. Therefore, they pack conveniently for travel.
- The density of the rubber is weaker than normal. Consequently, the bands need to be stacked to increase the intensity of the resistance. Single band exercises are not as efficient.
3. Fit Simplify 11-Piece Resistance Band Set
Fit Simplify uses eco-friendly, durable latex for their tube bands. This set has 5 color-coded bands, plus a bonus instructional book, EBook, and online workout videos.
- The package comes with 2 padded handles and 2 ankle straps. The ankle straps have an extra large eyelet, which makes them useful for other exercises.
- Fit Simplify bands have a soft, cloth covering making them gentle on your skin.
- The link to the online workout videos is included in the instructional manual. This gives you access to dozens of professional suggestions to get a total body workout with resistance bands.
- The Fit Simplify resistance band set comes with a full lifetime guarantee.
- The 5 different resistance bands can mix in any combination. This is an excellent set for both beginners and professionals.
- The handle hooks are larger than normal and sometimes they have a tendency to rub against your body.
4. Lynx Soul – Pro-Series 16-Piece Resistance Band Set
This resistance band set advertises as the most complete set on the market. It offers the highest total tension at 150 lbs. The number of exercise options makes this ideal for burning fat or building muscle.
- Heavy duty clips have a protective covering. As a result, they won’t pinch or catch on your clothing.
- You can easily combine the 4 loop bands making this an excellent set for injury rehabilitation.
- The Lynx Soul includes a convenient, waterproof bag for easy storage and travel.
- Each band has the resistance clearly marked, and you can use them in any combination.
- The price of this band set is middle-entry with fewer options yet more elaborate sets.
- The larger clips limit the different ways you can attach the bands to other places.
5. Body-Bands 17-Piece Resistance Band Set
This 17-piece set is the most inclusive model to get you a total body workout with resistance bands. The Body Bands 17-Piece set has a total of 7 resistance bands. This model provides the highest level of strength training intensity.
- There are 2 sets of handles. This is a unique feature that allows you to perform 2-person exercises.
- You can group the bands in any order, including mismatching the intensity on a particular side for injury rehab.
- With a total of 7 individual bands, the Body-Bands 17-piece model offers the widest array of workout options.
- This resistance band set has the lowest single resistance band – 2 to 4 pounds resistance.
- With a high level of total resistance from any band combination, it was essential that Body-Bands used reinforced connections.
- The warranty period is advertised as a full, lifetime guarantee. However, that holds true only for faulty materials. There is a 60-day money back guarantee for any reason, and 1-year warranty for commercial use.
The Bottom Line
These five models, each with unique features, can all give you a total body workout with resistance bands. You can begin with the inexpensive single band set to see how much you like resistance bands.
These products can be bought in duplicate to really ramp up strength training ambitions. Resistance bands are also gentle on your joints, so they are great for injury rehab programs. Select one, or a combination of these models, to get a total body workout with resistance bands.